Wine Country Vespa tours are based just 45 miles north of San Francisco – in the heart of the endless, vine-covered valleys and oak-dotted hillsides of Sonoma and Napa counties. Our trips are small, fun, casual rides guided by enthusiastic locals who will escort you to incredible spots, and through gentle back roads that limousines and tour buses wouldn’t dare tread.
While the rolling vineyards and hundreds of world-class wineries are often the stars here, the area is also rich with handcrafted epicurean specialties, incredible gourmet restaurants, luxury spas, artisan bakeries, cheese producers, and a casual joie de vivre typically associated with only the best European lifestyle.
Every Wine Country Vespa trip is an exploration. And each day of exploring brings more unique finds -- memories that will stay with you for a very long time.
Some of the visits along our path include:
• Private vineyards where celebrated winemakers share the techniques and passion behind their award-winning vintages of world-class varietals.
• Olive oil tastings at a local frantoio, where dipping crusty bread in the freshest, local fruit will forever change the way you think about olive oil .
• A fragrant, hillside lavender farm where natural bath, skin, & home products are handcrafted, on site.
• Panoramic vista points and scenic overlooks for photo-ops that stretch for nearly a hundred miles.
• Stopping to taste in-season fruit (plums, apricots, figs, apples, grapes, berries…) that will be the most succulent and juiciest you’ve ever had.
• Casual walks, shopping opportunities, art, bocce ball, and some time to sample the local vibe if you wish.
Note: We purposely avoid the usual tourist stops. While they serve a purpose, our trips steer far away from huge wineries with glitzy gift shops and lines of human sheep.
Wine Fans: Many of our best vineyard stops include visits to the private crush pads and barrel rooms of some amazing winemakers (see “Friends of Wine Country Vespa”) where you’ll experience bio-dynamics, native fermentation, batonnage, concrete aging, gravity flow, and other old-world techniques – in action.
Tasting & Riding: In order to get through long days of tasting flights of fine wines, winemakers spit. Gross? Not if you want to experience a plethora of incredible Napa/Sonoma wines while you’re working – or riding.
Read about Spitting with Style here:
Shipping: We’ll be coming across some seriously rare and unusual finds along the way – guaranteed. If you’d like to take any bottles of delicious wine (or olive oil, lavender, etc.) home with you, we’re set-up to ship back to your home. It’s ok to swallow there.
Limos are lame. Tour buses and rental cars get you (and everyone else)
to the most well-worn spots. Our rides skip the busy main roads and
carve through incredible scenery that you thought only existed in
movies and magazines. The gentle rides and killer views make
way for the best part of the day…the stops.